Note From the Pastor
Welcome to Eastside! We are so glad that you have checked us out, and pray that you join us for a service in person, shortly! We know you will find our people to be friendly, the worship to be meaningful, and the message to be life changing. Many people today do not know what they believe or why they believe it. In our ecumenical world of "anything goes," as long as you love God, many things are passed out as truth that have no scriptural basis. Personal opinions, man-made theologies, denominational traditions, or the latest religious fads are being taught to an undiscerning generation. At Eastside, we believe sound, scriptural doctrine is important. This is why we offer a Christ-centered, Bible-based ministry. It is our desire for you to know the Word of God and the God of the Word in a real and truthful way. If you like teaching and preaching that is simple and straight-forward, where scripture is proclaimed with historical content, intended meaning, and practical applications, Eastside will be a blessing to you. We believe some things never change...Jesus Christ is Lord, the Bible is true, and salvation is by faith in Christ alone!
Thanks for visiting,
Presenting the simple and clear message of the Gospel, helping believers to grow in their faith and reaching out and serving our community, state, and world are the goals of Eastside. This is a great time to plug into the exciting things happening here. We have ministry opportunities for adults in every age group. Ministry opportunities include teaching, men and women's ministry, missions, visiting shut-ins and others, fellowship ministry, worship choir, worship band, senior adults, Vacation Bible School, and of course all of our children's, youth, and college ministries.
Eastside seeks Biblical balance. Our services are upbeat by nature - filled with minimal announcements, maximum music, and relevant, dynamic teaching. Our services are fast paced - "momentum killing" announcements, reports, readings, and speeches have been omitted. Lastly, our services are purposeful - our prime objective is to proclaim the truth that life-changing, soul-saving decisions can be made. This involves "straight to the heart Bible preaching" and a "thought provoking" invitation. If you desire to worship the Lord Jesus with a balance of devotion and doctrine, come join us.
Sunday School: 9:30am
Sunday Morning Worship: 10:30am
Sunday Evening Worship: 6:00pm
Wednesday Evening Worship: 7:00pm
1. We're accessible, but appointments are helpful to spend quality time with our staff. They can be made morning, noon, or night. Just call the church office.
2. We are conservative but not legalistic. If you need to be governed by strict rules, "stepped on" every Sunday, and hear someone harping on looks, dress, and translations, we are not for you.
3. We are challenging and confronting in presenting God's Word, but positive and loving too. We preach for life-changing, soul-saving decisions to be made. It is not our intention for you to leave "feeling good" but rather "being Godly."
4. Sunday School is the heartbeat of our church. By attending "S.S." you have the opportunity to grow in your walk, fellowship and connect with others, and just plain have fun! So let us help you find the class that's right for you!
5. Our Sunday night and Wednesday night services are special. In a day when the trend is to diminish or cease these services, we hold them in high esteem. If you were to ask those attending I believe they would tell you Sunday night and Wednesday night equal or exceed Sunday morning in being a blessing.
The pastor and staff are availble to you for cousel, encouragment, visits, and however else they can serve you or your family. If you would like a visit from one of them please call the church office and we will gladly set up a time convenient to your schedule. As you visit, thanks for investing your time and support in this ministry. What you see here is pretty much "who we are," a down-to-earth people, from all walks of life who yearn to know Him, and make Him known to others in these last days!